I would tend to agree with Chris, i think the 2 are unrelated.

Do you have a meter you can check the voltages on the flap motor with ?

Can you describe the noise the engine is making ?

Jim

From: chris.qu...@btinternet.com
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:12 PM
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Strange going's on with my headlight covers

If the noise is still there when the flap motor is unplugged then I can’t see
how they would be related. Try connecting a power source to the flap motor
direct to see if it works at all. On my saloon the flap motor is triggered from
the lighting circuit. When I had a earth short in one of the rear light
clusters it blew the fuse and the flaps closed, refusing to open again. I
‘fixed it’ by unplugging the flap motor and reversing the plug to trick the
flaps open. It got me home.