Hi All
Yes the title is correct, I have just purcahsed a 2+2 in addition to the
Xtreme.  Driving back from collecting it, it did less than 15mpg!!!  I
quickly noticed it was idling very fast and smelt as if running very rich.
Other than that it was fine.  Although have not yet taken air cleaner off
to check anything, I am assuming:

   - Dirty air cleaner
   - Choke stuck on
   - Mixture incorrectly set, which I assume can adjust.

At this stage am just after any common problems I need to check for.  The
donor from which all parts come from is a Fiesta XR2 registered in Dec
1985, I assume a mk 2.  1600 cvh.

Next stage will be strip and rebuild the carburettor.  Does the appropriate
Haynes have instructions for stripping the carburettor?  Its ben about 40
years since I've played with anything other than a lawnmower carb.  The car
has ben stood for 6 months every year so am also slightly concerned may be
some gumming of the fuel, although unlikely as would expect to see other
problems .

Any help appreciated

Nigel