We have also found that an issue.  Thought about a number of solutions like you
have.  Maybe time to trial some?

I would guess that electric fan units blowing up the rear screen would be most
effective. (and instant)  I have a weak old version of that in the 2+2 to
de-mist the plastic window with limited success.  The new, higher output units
would be better. But the old classic stick on elements can still be bought.  (I
have found them to work in the distant past)  I did see a very old style bar
heater element for sale as well.  With the sharp angle of the rear screen that
would get warmer air flowing up the screen.

Parallel to that I have bought an engine sump heater to trial.  The idea being
a small mains current runs through a coil on the sump pan and pre warms the
engine oil.  That is supposed to give really quick warm up which makes it more
comfortable, (in the winter particularly) also it saves on fuel and wear
especially with short journeys.  I plan to fit to the 2+2 with a replacement
engine.  Quick warm up of course gives quicker conventional de-mist as well.

Derek