  From: John Mellors
  To: Quantum Owners Group
  Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:37 AM
  Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: Young driver interested in kit cars

  Martin

  Quite a few Quantums come up on Ebay.
  You should be able to get a decent car in that price range and some come up
quite a bit cheaper. Unfortunately, Quantums do not fetch a lot of money at the
moment. But, bear in mind, with kit cars, there are nearly always things that
need sorting out but the Quantum is generally one of the more reliable kit cars.
  The biggest possible problem with the 2+2 and the H4 is the front metal frame
/ chassis rusting where it is bonded in to the body. This can be terminal if
not sorted at an early stage. The Quantum saloon does not suffer from this as
it is a GRP monocoque. Do not be put off by the odd gel coat crack in the body.
These, generally are not a big issue.
  You are perhaps best looking for a 1.4 as these will be cheaper for you on
insurance and on road tax.
  John