Hi Jim, No i didn't look at the old engine i got caught up in working on
the saloon and forgot all about the looking at the old engine, i haven't
got it with me at present as i decided the best way was to lift the engine
out and didn't have enough headroom here so took the car to a local garage
to do it but i'll let you know  when i can collect it dependant on travel
restrictions etc. I did have a concern that the oil pick up might need
moving as the engine is more upright in the Q than it is in a Focus but
that was just paranoia, with the sump off it was obviously not a problem. I
have however fitted a remote filter as the only one that would fit in the
space available was a Fiesta one which is about half the size of the ST
filter.
Russ