On 9 Nov 2017 9:33 pm, "blacklight" <pandakaas...@gmail.com> wrote:

qubes never had these snapshots you mentionded, but were you refering to
the dvm images?

Perhaps. It certainly did something that made DVM's start really quickly.
Definitely faster thaw a normal VM. I always assumed it took a snapshot
after booting, but I could be wrong. I would very much like to know what it
did.

Whatever it did, it certainly made the experience of using DVM's much
nicer, and the question is if something similar is available in 4.0?