On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Elias Mårtenson <loke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using split-gpg, and I end up using it a lot since I sign my git commits
> using it.
>
> Since upgrading to 4.0rc2, I have noticed that every time a VM wants to call
> out to the GPG VM,
> a dialog box is shown asking me for the target VM. At this point I need to
> click on the menu
> and manually choose the GPG VM, even though the name of that VM is already
> specified
> in the QUBES_GPG_DOMAIN environment variable.
>
> Is this a bug?

It's an effect of https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/910

Explicitly allowing it in policy e.g.
    some-vm    some-vm-keys    allow
in /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.Gpg will stop asking for confirmation each time.

Technically QUBES_GPG_DOMAIN isn't required anymore if each VM only
has at most one corresponding split-gpg VM, as you could configure the
target with:
    some-vm    $anyvm    allow,target=some-vm-keys