On Friday, 9 February 2018 16:36:14 UTC, joev...@gmail.com  wrote:
> Yes, thanks for pointing out the typos.  They are only mistakes in this post.
>  I use a script running in dom0 to generate pretty much everything.  The same
> script works when debian-8 is used.  The interface is different depending on
> the template

I confirm I have the same issue.
Please however note that I have another PCI NIC connected to an AppVM (My qubes
also act as a firewall for home network) and we have no issue connecting
outbound.
Outbound connection as you know do not need the PRE-ROUTING rules, so also the
problem is seen on the FORWARD rule, I suspect more the PRE-ROUTING rule is at
fault and does not do its job.
I'll try to dig into this, however I won't have much time this week...