(tested on a Dell Latitude E7470)

If I enable Intel Speedstep in the BIOS settings and boot the machine without
power plugged in, the CPU is incredibly slow (as in: It takes minutes to start
a VM). If I boot the computer with power plugged in, the machine is as fast as
I expect it to be.

Disabling Speedstep makes this problem go away. I'm guessing this is caused by
the Speedstep drivers are not loaded in dom0, preventing the system from
increasing the CPU speed (which is set to the slowest possible when booting on
battery).

There doesn't seem to be any packages that contain the Speedstep drivers. Is
there a way to get this to work?