I installed qubes-template-fedora-29-minimial by running the usual command:

    $ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-29-minimial

This worked, but I messed up the template itself when doing some
experimentation. So, I removed said template and attempted to reinstall it.

When I try to perform the reinstall, I get an error message saying that the
package does not exist. What could be the cause of this?

It does show up when searching for it:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --action=search qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some
time...
Last metadata expiration check: 0:10:33 ago on Fri Feb  1 13:59:39 2019.
============Name Exactly Matched: qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal ============
qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal.noarch : Qubes template for fedora-29-minimal
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0
                                                                      26 MB/s |
 26 kB     00:00
N/S Matched: qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal
qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal.noarch : Qubes template for fedora-29-minimal

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some
time...
Last metadata expiration check: 0:11:19 ago on Fri Feb  1 13:59:39 2019.
No match for argument: qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal
Error: Unable to find a match