On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 06:20:06PM +0000, WillyPillow wrote:
> For the time being, the -primary and -community keys are placed in the
> package.
> Swapping them out for dedicated keys in the future should be fairly easy if
> needed.

Sure.

> On another note, I'm wonder which fields are needed in the output of the
> "info"
> operation. Comparing my WIP code to DNF, I currently do not have the
> architecture [2], URL, licence, and description fields. This is due to
> `qubes.TemplateSearch` not currently returning those fields.
>
> For the packages in the official repos, those fields do not contain much
> information (in particular, the description field contains the same
> information
> as the summary), though I'm not sure if they might be useful in the future or
> for unofficial templates.

I don't know, could you design that so that those can be added in the future
if need be? Those need to be understood and properly validated, because some
software might act upon that information. For example: Debian provides
a directory with licence texts, which allows for
/usr/share/common-licenses/$license, which smells path traversal.
Fedora's RPM guidelines is even worse, they support operators like "()",
"and", "or":
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/LicensingGuidelines/

> [2]: Probably not needed unless Qubes becomes available on other
> architectures.

That's a possibility, Xen supports ARM and I think we'll see more
desktops/laptops on ARM in the future. But we currently don't have such plans
even on a roadmap.

> One tricky thing is that the description may contain newlines, while `dnf
> repoquery` does not escape them at all [3]. This may mean that another method
> of querying the repo needs to be considered if the description is included.
> (Or
> use unconventional characters/strings as separators. In particular, I can't
> pass NULL characters in the arguments to DNF for obvious reasons.)

Yes, another qrexec call is OK, provided this won't be too slow, i.e., to
display a list of 15 templates available you won't refresh the repo cache
15 times...

> [3]: Speaking of which, I'm also unsure what would happen if newlines appear
> in, say, the summary field. Maybe I can conduct some experiments about this...

Certainly.

- --
pozdrawiam / best regards
Wojtek Porczyk