On 7/31/20 5:17 PM, Jason M wrote:

I have begun work on porting Qubes to work within a KVM host. I need a development environment that can utilize the cuda cores on a secondary Nvidia RTX GPU and also prefer to be able to utilize the graphics card.

Hi Jason,

Slightly OT question: Is there a way you could use OpenCL instead? Does that make it any easier?

When I see FOSS users doing backflips for Nvidia I get worried bc Nvidia compatibility (of various sorts) tends to consume a lot of user attention and effort which eventually contributes to ppl migrating away from Linux.... meanwhile Linus Torvalds is reminding ppl that Nvidia is an uncooperative entity.

I think its more productive to focus on what other hardware vendors offer; Less heat more light.

-

Here are links to a CUDA-to-OpenCL tool and AMD's GPUopen site:

https://github.com/hughperkins/coriander

https://gpuopen.com/

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net