Hi all,

Recently Travis-CI have changed their limits for public repositories[1].
We've used up new free monthly limit in just 3 days. They do offer extra
limits for some open source projects, but the project requesting it must
meet the following criteria:

- - Project must be at least 3 months old and is in active development (with
regular commits and activity)
- - Project meets the OSD specification
- - Project must not be sponsored by a commercial company or organization
(monetary or with employees paid to work on the project)
- - Project can not provide commercial services or distribute paid versions of
the software

We do not meet the third one. I see following options:

1. Buy their paid plan - for $79/month we can have one parallel job (we
had 4) and unlimited time.
2. Migrate to alternative CI service. Specifically I have gitlab-ci in
mind.

The first option is not so cheap, but also we use CI quite a lot given
how fast we've used up the limit.

As for the second opiton, why gitlab-ci? Because Frédéric done most of
the integration already[2]. But there are still few options:
 - use gitlab.com and connect our own worker(s)
 - use Frédéric's gitlab instance
 - setup separate gitlab instance

My main concern regarding which instance to use is about availability
and maintenance. I'd like to avoid situation when only one person can
fix things if something is broken. Believe it or not, some of us do
take vacations form time to time ;)

Any opinions? Any other options?

Please note, we're talking about just CI, not hosting our source code
(although setting up Gitlab CI will require source code mirroring too).
Migrating primary source code hosting, issues tracking etc would require
some more changes that I don't want to do in rush.

[1] https://blog.travis-ci.com/2020-11-02-travis-ci-new-billing
[2]
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2020/10/05/new-gentoo-templates-and-maintenance-infrastructure/

- --