Dear Qubes Community,

We are pleased to announce that the Qubes OS Project is now accepting
[donations](https://www.qubes-os.org/donate/) on
[Ethereum](https://ethereum.org/) (Mainnet) at the following address:

```
0xDaa04647e8ecb616801F9bE89712771F6D291a0C
```

*Warning*: This [Gnosis Safe](https://gnosis-safe.io/) Ethereum address
supports ether (ETH) and all assets that fully comply with the
[ERC-20](https://ethereum.org/en/developers/docs/standards/tokens/erc-20/)
standard (e.g., USDT, USDC, and DAI), but *only* on [Ethereum
Mainnet](https://ethereum.org/en/developers/docs/networks/#ethereum-mainnet).
Please *do not* send assets on any other network to this address, or else your
donation may be lost. For example, please *do not* send assets on any Ethereum
Layer 2 solution (e.g., Arbitrum, Optimism) or any sidechain (e.g., Polygon,
xDai) to this address.

We have recently observed an increase in demand for an Ethereum donation
option, both for ETH itself and for stablecoins like USDT, USDC, and DAI. As
the largest smart-contract blockchain, largest proof-of-stake blockchain, and
second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, the Ethereum network
and its native currency ETH are natural additions to our growing list of
donation methods. Moreover, this new option allows users to donate any token
they choose (including non-stablecoins!) so long as (1) the token fully
complies with the ERC-20 standard and (2) the transaction is done on Ethereum
Mainnet (as opposed to a Layer 2 solution or a sidechain). Please double-check
that both of these conditions hold before sending anything to our Ethereum
address, or else your donation may be lost!

As with our bitcoin (BTC) and monero (XMR) donation addresses, you can verify
the authenticity of our Ethereum donation address via the [Qubes Security
Pack](https://www.qubes-os.org/security/pack/) in the
[fund](https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-secpack/tree/master/fund) directory. We
also provide detailed instructions for [verifying the digital
signatures](https://www.qubes-os.org/security/pack/#how-to-obtain-and-authenticate).

As with all other donations, your donations on Ethereum will [directly fund the
Qubes OS Project](https://www.qubes-os.org/donate/#how-is-my-donation-used).
Since Qubes is free and open-source software, we do not earn any revenue by
selling it. Instead, we rely on your financial support. If you rely on Qubes
for secure computing in your work or personal life or see the value in our
efforts, we would greatly appreciate your donation. Thank you!

This announcement is also available on the Qubes website:
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2022/09/29/qubes-os-project-now-accepting-donations-on-ethereum/