On 8/9/23 6:36 AM, jmake2 via qubes-devel wrote:
> I think that the new tag/milestone system is way better and logical, well
> done. And arguments are quite convincing to me.
>
> I would like to add an idea about official templates. We know that there are
> bugs in the templates, including the latest one fedora-38 or
> fedora-38-minimal. Maybe you can consider tags (labels) in the same manner as
> with released, e.g.: `affects-f37`, `affects-f38`, `affects-f38min`,
> `affects-d11` (for Debian) and etc.
> The reason - bug or problem in the official template is the same for R4.1 and
> R4.2 (or am I wrong?) and, thus, is not a release-version-depended bug.
>
> When new release of official fedora template comes out it changes the
> situation every time: some new bugs are introduced, some are fixed without
> afford of the Team by Fedora/Debian guys. Tracking this could be useful.
>
> Templates also have EOL, which could lead to closing outdated inactive
> tickets in the same manner as with `affected-4.0` tags. And template's EOL is
> not directly connected to Qubes OS version but more with Fedora project and
> their EOL rules.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> jamke

Good point! I agree; it makes sense to track whether a bug affects a specific
template version independently of the Qubes OS release on which that template
happens to be used, especially when that template is supported on multiple
Qubes OS releases.

(P.S. -- The convention on these mailing lists is to used interleaved or
bottom-posting rather than top-posting.)