On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <
marma...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 08:44:11AM -0700, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> > > It's probably that the associated hardware device is not assigned
> > > to any domU (e.g., your USB qube, if you use one). On my ThinkPad,
> > > the device is labeled "PCI Express Card Reader." Assigning it to my
> > > USB qube results in any inserted SD card showing up in the USB
> > > qube.
> > >

> > Issue for implementing an option to have this performed for the user
> > when the USB qube is first created:
> >
> > https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2055
>
> Indeed may be a good idea. On the other hand, I remember that for some
> Realtek devices it is impossible to attach the card reader to a
> different VM than the (somehow bundled?) network card.
>
> I guess it doesn't apply to your model, could you provide more details?

Not sure if I understand your question, but my SD cards are SanDisk Extreme
32 and 16 G

When I insert it in the slot an alert appears telling that it is attached
to Dom0

if I digit lspci in dom0 nothing changes before and after inserting the SD
card (so not sure how to follow Andrew suggestion)
If I digit lsusb in dom0  it gives: unable to initialize libusb: -99

ls /dev  shows addition devices mmcblk0 and mmcblk0p1, if I attach the
first one to a VM using Qubes Manager, it works perfectly. Well it works
now, years ago it did not.

Best
Fran

Also worth collecting info on problematic models to set appropriate