On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 02:39:39PM -0400, J.M. Porup wrote:
> Some months ago I noticed a second nm-applet in my Qubes toolbar.
>
> One nm-applet belongs to my netvm. The second one is greyed out, and
> clicking on it simply tells me "NetworkManager is not running..."
>
> Thinking it was a UI bug, I ignored it for some time, until just now
> when I right-clicked on it and selected About.
>
> The color scheme for the greyed-out nm-applet is green, and the name of
> the vm that appears is the name of my gpgvm, which, naturally, is a
> networkless vm.
>
> You can probably imagine what I'm thinking here. How can I test this?
> What would cause this (accident or adversary)?
>
> thanks
> jmp

I have had exactly the same issue.

Strangely the applet appears with only one qube, although others use the
same template, even when attached to the same netvm
No devices are, or have been, attached to that qube. The applet appeared
the first time that qube booted.

When other qubes start I see a tremor in the toolbar, as if the applet
is going to appear and then does not. With this one, it stays.

Now I just kill the applet: haven't thought about it for a while.

unman