On 2016-06-21 22:04, Dima Puntus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the info:
>
> System: HP Elitebook 2570p (3840QM, Intel HD4000, 16GB RAM, 250GB
> SSD)
>
> Qubes 3.2RC1,
>
> 1. Dual monitor setup seems glitchy, by default the system mirrors
>  the screens but if you force it via xrandr, the laptop screen goes
>  black, can't right click on it but can drag windows into it and
> maximize. The panel always stays on the external monitor. Same
> setup using Qubes 3.1 works like a charm out of the box. There's no
> display/monitor section under system settings.

Yes, others have also reported this. It seems that there are some
missing packages in dom0. For now, you can work around this by
installing kscreen:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update kscreen

This should make KDE recognize your external monitor. Then you should
be able to run kscreen like so:

$ kcmshell5 kscreen

(Thanks go to Micah Lee for providing these instructions.)

Tracking here: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2084

> 2. USB mouse (Razer Abyssus) sensitivity is too low by default and
>  can't be adjusted via system settings. Works fine in Qubes 3.1
> Trackpad is fine.

Hm, strange. Could this be a hardware compatibility issue with the
mouse? Can you test whether it works with baremetal Fedora 23?

> 4. Sensors Viewer doesn't register max CPU temps when changing
> polling interval (I normally set it to 1-3sec). Same issue in Qubes
> 3.1

It sounds like this might just be a limitation of the Sensor Viewer
applet. You may want to consider filing a report with whoever develops
it.

> 5. Plasma crashes when trying to change the default theme. That
> seems to be related to plasma 5.x as it crashes on every standalone
> linux machine for me including Kubuntu 16.04.

Might be worth filing a report with the KDE developers about this.

> 6. Question: is it possible to set max CPU threshold per VM? I can
>  only set it for all 8 vcores using xenpm

I probably have no idea, but may I ask what exactly you mean by
"threshold"? As in, speed? (You can adjust the number of VCPUs assigned
to a VM in the "Advanced" tab of the VM's settings in Qubes Manager.)

> Thank you and hope this info helps improving some rough edges in
> the new version.

Thanks for your feedback!

> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Dimitry