The users who are connected to the network are assumed to be authorized.
The firewall restriction is not meant to protect the share against
malicious users, it is supposed to protect against untrusted AppVMs.
Moreover password based authentication could be used by malicious AppVMs in
a Denial-Of-Service scenario where AppVMs send authentication requests to
exhaust server resources.