Em terça-feira, 5 de julho de 2016 05:38:30 UTC-3, Francesco  escreveu:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 2:46 AM,  <juri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) qubes is a system for security and isolation. But when you install, you
> have no encryption options.
>
> distros thinks that if a user wants some strong crypto thing, they must
> research themselves and do all manually. We dont even find nothing about
> qubes encryption in docs. That is wrong. First thing we must do
> out-of-the-box is to offer strong full disk encryption, like veracrypt ones,
> with options, iteractions, etc., and inform the user about that. Even tails
> for just a live browser with storage capability does that. Even distros like
> PARTED MAGIC for managing partitions now come with veracrypt installed as
> default in live-cds. To me, Qubes is neglecting what the user wants to read
> and do in encryption aspects.
>

> I usually use mint strong encryption. But even that i must do manually.
> Imagine ALL users trying to do this on their own. They wont. i use appendix A
> configs from links below, much stronger.
>

> https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2026 (bios)
>
> https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2061 (uefi)
>

> 2) Qubes face 2 problems nowadays for engaging new users with real security.
>

> a) Qubes is a system for HIGH END computers with lots of RAM. Usually if for
> people that has WINDOWS and GAMES also, a good GPU, and wont waste their
> machine on a UNIQUE linux system at least without dual boot.
>

> b) Nvidia spy on people, with their streaming @!^@^% they put in new gpus,
> network, etc, and people are suspicious amd too. But most consumers are from
> nvidia. nvidia now spy on hardware level. Does not matter the system security.
>

> The solution? REAL windows virtualization with GPU PASSTROUGH. So, the high
> end computers can use windows for what they need and even play games. Plus,
> if you do use nvidia in dom-0, they WILL capture the screen on hardware
> level. Nouveau is not working right for a long time. Onboard or gpu 1 for
> dom-0 and nvidia or amd high end for windows VM. If the person doesnt have 2
> monitors, it can change the vga adapter from 1 to other to use windows after
> starting the vm. that would be perfect.
>

> So we give a finger to nvidia and the drivers problems they cause, and we
> isolate their spying inside windows vm, plus eliminating the need for a dual
> boot and for everyone not using their gaming gpus.
>

> So, XEN is not good for that? consider passing to KVM.
>

> - To create a real secure isolation OS, it`s primal to ensure best disk
> encryption avaliable, with CHOICE for speed/security, eliminate the windows
> host multi boot needs, and make good use and usability for windows and gpus.
> You will reach that when you direct the efforts to adapting the system for
> what the global user WANTS AND NEEDS, and not adapting the user to the system
> that 1 person in 1 chair dream for its personal needs. Ubuntu did not follow
> this lesson with their unity thing and they paid the price.

> [...]

Not trying to insult you, but:

1) i never said "gamers are really interested in strong security";
2) even less "Only because they spend money for expensive computers?"
3) or "how gamers spend money"

You seem to have a silogism problem in your mind. That would upset a lot people
you try to debate with. You should start to pay a little attention to that.

But ok, there are no "gamers flooding to qubes". But what you must understand
is that the average user nowadays has games, sometimes in free times they
"also"play, there are people that play more, people that play less, i play
starcraft like 2 or 3 times a week, i play counter strike once or twice in a
month, but remember, average user is NOT a HEAVY GAMER.

But most HAVE games, did BUY some games, and did BUY some good GPU in their
computer. PERIOD. And they WONT sacrifice dual boot and stop using gpu because
of that. I have 300 frames per second with my geforce gtx 960 in best graphics
settings in latest counter strike GO. For me would be no problem to sacrifice
10 or 20% of that to stay secure. By the way, in a group conference, 100% of
people said if they could use their gpus inside qubes, in a single separated
vga output, they would already be there after windows telemetry latest doings.
Strike the iron while it`s hot. Qubes is the response to the average user.
NOONE SAID that qubes is directed to the heavy gamer only user. Noone but you.

Plus, you better remember that:

Windows is sending telemetry things even hidden inside normal updates. They
send data when you plug your camera on. They capture all keystrokes even of
your credit cards and passwords. They communicate even when you tell them not
to. If you let your computer alone for 15 min, it will start sending heavy
data. The average user will play their LOL or Dota or counter strike with their
gpus they did buy but will wanna work with safety. Or need to use windows for
some activity.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

And you better REMEMBER that if you are a simple TOR OR TAILS user, nsa will
deep monitor YOU. What if you turn on QUBES? aaaah, then it`s for SURE:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/nsa-linux-journal-extremist-forum-and-its-readers-get-flagged-extra-surveillance

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3012932/linux/the-nsa-might-be-spying-on-tor-users.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/03/nsa_xkeyscore_stasi_scandal/

So, when you DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL qubes, you WILL BE on deep monitoring. We are
not talking about "GAMERS", dude. But you better learn that HIGH END cpus with
good RAM will usually HAVE A GOOD GPU and WINDOWS NEED FOR THE USER. Mix that
with a directed deep monitoring NSA attack into qubes users and you WILL have a
problem.