On 07/06/2016 07:28 PM, Andreas Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi!
Hi :)

> [...]
> I have tried to look in the logfiles, but I'm not sure I'm looking
> the right places. So for starters: Can anyone tell me what files to
> look in? /var/log/messages only seem to have information about the
> session after the crash, same goes for boot.log.
In the next boot just after the crash, try with this command in a dom0
terminal, after having gained root permissions:

journalctl -b -1 -xe

this asks journalctl (the new centralized log manager, comes with
systemd) to tell you everything about the last boot session (-b -1, it
is relative to current boot, so you will have different results if you
reboot!) and to automatically jump to the end (-e) and add explanations
(-x) where available. Explanations start with a double minus sign,
actual log lines start with the timestamp.

On a normal boot session, using this command, you will see entries that
lead to the unmount of the filesystems and the shutdown of the system.

--
Alex