I wrote the QUBES 3.0 ISO to an external HDD.

Then I ran the installation, to install QUBES to the local internal HDD.

Works fine. Tells me all done and restart.

Yet, it then says "no bootable device", and press ENTER to go back to BIOS boot
selection.

Previously,  I tried installing QUBES 3.1, and I think I may have messed up the
steps here

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/

I messed up steps 6 to 10, so that may be the problem.

In any event... it's at the point where it just will not boot.

I don't know what to do.

I have a Windows recovery disc, so I am able to re-install Windows 8.1 whenever
I want.

But I'm really trying to get rid of Windows 8.1 and install QUBES

I had no problems installing to an external HDD to test it out.. but now I want
it on my main system... and it just won't boot.

What do I do...?? How do I get QUBES to boot....??