On 07/12/2016 11:15 AM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 07/12/2016 01:48 AM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 07/05/2016 02:21 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 10:26:51AM -0400, Chris Laprise wrote:
If I replace the kernel with 4.1 from R3.1, it can make it to the AEM target and the decrypt prompt. It chokes just after decrypting the volumes, but that's to be expected. The 4.4 kernel appears to introduce some factor that
causes the crash.
Interesting, have you tried 4.2 kernel from R3.1 unstable repository?
Do you have any means of collecting kernel/xen messages? I guess you've
already disabled "quiet" kernel option and also removed "console=none"
from xen cmdline.
If this doesn't help, try adding "noreboot" and "sync_console" to xen cmdline.

If you have serial console (on docking station?) if would be easier to
reliably get log messages.

- --

I just tried the 4.2 kernel on the stick created by AEM under R3.2rc1; It seems to work as well as 4.1.

I'll try 4.4 again removing those boot options.

Unfortunately, the only docking station here is the kind lacking serial ports.

Chris

A bit more info:

Removing rd.antievilmaid from 4.4.12 options doesn't help; it still restarts. I also tried 4.4.14 in the unstable repo but that did not help.

It appears to be an incompatibility between kernel version 4.4 and tboot.

Chris

I am able to get 4.4.* to boot now! The trick was to add 'min_ram=0x2000000' to the tboot options like I used to do--the AEM README describes how.

But now I cannot get AEM to seal the secret. Nothing at all about AEM is displayed during startup, even though rd.antievilmaid is on the kernel options line.

Chris