On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 10:24:32 PM UTC+3, tom...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> I'm bit confused with this
> > Edit /etc/default/grub and add following options (change the pci address if
> > needed)
>
> Which version of Qubes is this? Aint 3.1 EFI-only?
> And EFI version of kernel args are to be passed via /boot/efi/EFI/qubes
> (kernel=)?
>
> regards,
>   Tom

Hi Tom,

I use 3.1 and 3.2 rc2. Actually I haven't thought about this before. It seems
on my system the default state is 'BIOS compatibilty mode' even though it's a
new motherboard which is running on UEFI firmware. As for the partition table
type on my SDD, it has always been 'dos' type MBR and that was never converted
to GPT by Qubes Installer.

I'm not familiar how to configure EFI type bootloader, but it seems editing
/boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg should work. There's lots of discussion about it
here: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/794