On 08/06/2016 07:49 PM, eldor...@riseup.net wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want buy new laptop for Qubes .
> I chose "Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i5" from this list[1] because of full
> support of Qubes.
> After read this link[2].
> New laptops for Qubes V4 need SLAT and "Lenovo Thinkpad T420s" that
> supports SLAT[3].
> I want to know any point that necessary for choosing laptops that
> supports Qubes OS V4 [4].
> Is this laptop good for Qubes V4?
>
> Thanks
>
> [1]: https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/
> [2]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/6eugmjXpvMc
> [3]:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1401.hyper-v-list-of-slat-capable-cpus-for-hosts.aspx
> [4]: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2185

Unknown.

I think you won't know if it WILL work by looking at these references -
rather, they are good only for determining if it will NOT work. e.g.
there are components (thinking of the BIOS) that should, but may not
facilitate all of the desired features.

- Perhaps you can convince a Dev to create a "test USB stick" that will
boot and actually test and confirm suitability.

- Alternatively, some eager beaver will likely provide a report re:
T420s i5 to the HCL (the primary guide) by mid-October.

IMHO, it is best to wait for one of these.