El miércoles, 17 de agosto de 2016, 10:26:23 (UTC+2), Foppe de Haan  escribió:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 10:08:24 AM UTC+2, Foppe de Haan wrote:
> > After switching the template for my vault to debian-8 (mainly because of
> > the lower memory footprint), I noticed that, for reasons that elude me,
> > Jessie comes with an extremely outdated keepassx build (.4.3), which
> > doesn't support keepass 2 databases. (->
> > https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=keepassx
> >  )
> > As I am a bit of a novice wrt linux, is there a way to tell debian to
> > (apt-)get the backported build? (And should I report this in the issue
> > tracker?)
>
> (Oh, I figured out how to get the backported build. So that just leaves the
> question whether I should report this somewhere, as I doubt it is intended
> that the deb8 template would include a version of keepassx that doesn't
> support keepass 2 databases.)

Not sure it is a Qubes issue, since .4.3 is the version [1] of keepassx shipped
Debian-stable (Jessie). Looks to me like Debian's fault.

That being said I prefer Keepass 2, which I use both on windows host (.net
framework dependency) and with linux (mono dependency) because if has a cool
google drive syncronization plugin.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/stable/allpackages