> I have built Arch Linux (and Ubuntu) templates successfully (eventually!),
> but they won't start as the error message: "The Dom0 GUI daemon do not
> support protocol 1:1, requested by the VM" appears. It looks like the
> templates are being built against Qubes 3.2, whereas I'm on 3.1 here.

I succesfully built the Archlinux template with the xen-4.7 branches being set
on vmm-xen and core-vchan-xen with a few tweaks in the series.conf file of
vmm-xen but now I'm getting the same error as Richard. I am on Qubes R3.1.

I will keep you updated with my progress (if there is any) until I succesfully
get this template running in Qubes R3.1.

I will look into what is causing the error. If anyone knows what is causing the
error, then please post here.