Hi Micah, you're taking the opposite the usual strategy I do on my extra
firewall vms -- by adding a rule rather than removing one.  Could you try
on the appropriate firewall vm:

iptables -D FORWARD 3  # where rule 3 should be the rule to drop all
packets between the vif interfaces

This should be equivalent to what you're doing but might be worth a check.
Also I'm sure you've noticed whenever the firewall vm has a change to its
rules, it'll reload and we have to re-execute this (anyone have ideas for
that btw?).

Two other things I just want to check you've remembered to do:

- specifically *allow* forwarding to the vm ip block for each of the vms
that need to communicate -- aka add 10.137.5.0/24 or whatever to the
firewall rules of each vm

- configure the host OS's input chain to allow connections in on the given
port from any, or at least related and the other vm ip -- this one I have
forgotten before on HVMs and been very confused lol... a whole OS...wat

Hope that gives you some ideas.  I take it you are also doing something
like 'tcpdump -i vifX.0 icmp' to catch any icmp reject messages, if not
that's a good idea too -- though mostly to see the reject messages from
misconfigured forwarding.

Cheers,

=D

anyone know how to do 'nc -l 9000' on windoze?  that's always a handy test