On Monday, 5 September 2016 20:33:22 UTC+10, David Hobach  wrote:
> Yes, but can you attach data from a single drive to multiple VMs
> automatically? I guess no?

Yes you can, it is scriptable.

> But that's what this was all about...
> In short: I like to plug in my USB drive and have all the data I need
> from that drive in all VMs in a matter of seconds (& in a secure way).
>
> So I guess there was a misuderstanding.
>
> Other than that I mostly agree with your Opsec standards.
>
> At best I also wouldn't need to keep that drive secure, but since
> there's hardware attacks around I better do it anyway.

The real issue is that with Qubes, it doesn't write back immediately when the
device is attached, not does it update very well.

I can mount my drive under a VM, but Dom0 won't see the changes I made in DomU
until I unmount an dallow the changes to be written, then unmount from Dom0,
then remount in Dom0.