On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 4:13:30 PM UTC-5, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 12:57:14PM -0800, Boris Kourtoukov wrote:
> > Does this just mean that the VT-d implementation is broken on this hardware
> > and I should grab something else?
>
> This is one possibility (slightly more likely). The other one is buggy driver.
>

> > Thanks
> >
> > On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 10:54:03 PM UTC-4, Boris Kourtoukov wrote:
> > >
> > > This issue was described but not followed up on from this topic:
> > > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/qubes-users/WsHQ_GqXdT4/discussion
> > >
> > > If VT-d is enabled in the BIOS the display:
> > >
> > >    Works fine when viewing the boot options for Qubes (start Qubes/start
> > > in Advanced mode, etc.)
> > >    Shows a bunch of jumbled graphics artifacts on the HD encryption view.
> > >    Completely fails after that.
> > >
> > > If VT-d is disabled:
> > >
> > >    All visuals behave correctly.
> > >
> > > Please note that the HCL currently states that VT-d works correctly on
> > > both of the T410's listed there. (Which it may be, just this display
> > > issue)
> > >
> > > Hardware details:
> > >
> > > Lenovo Thinkpad T410 (2537P81)
> > > BIOS: 6IET85WW (1.45)
> > >
> > > Qubes: 3.0
> > > XEN: 4.4.2
> > > Kernel: 3.19.8-100
> > >
> > > VGA: Intel ... (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> > >
> > > HVM: Active
> > > I/O MMU: Not Active (while disabled)
> > > TPM: Device Present
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> > >

> - --
> Best Regards,
> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> Invisible Things Lab
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Bumping it for search results on T410, the following Qubes wiki entry fixes
this issue for me: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/thinkpad_x201/

Thanks to this thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/7Q7C81AI3Aw/A7zzU2ajAwAJ

A year later I have VT-d! :)