On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 3:05:22 PM UTC, pqg wrote:

> The script is not outdated so much as incomplete.  It merrily assumed
> that the final component of the Archlinux release number was a counter,
> but I now suspect it's actually the day-of-month.  Most months the ISO
> is cut on the first day of the month, but this month it was cut on the
> third.
>
> You may override the release number without modifying the script by
> exporting the following environment variable before building:
>
> export ARCHLINUX_REL_VERSION=2016.09.03
>
> This is, of course, not at all clear to the casual user and a legitimate
> bug.
>
> Secondly, as you note, the autoreconf command is missing from the build
> chroot.  autoreconf is a component of autoconf, and it is sufficient to
> add "autoconf" and "automake" or, more succinctly, "base-devel" to the
> "pkgs" variable in prepare-chroot-builder.  I've not investigated what
> changed here, but presumably base-devel used to be present by default or
> as a dependency of something else, but ceased to be some time in the
> last 9 months (when I last built the Qubes Archlinux template).  I've
> submitted a trivial pull request to integrate this:
>
> https://github.com/marmarek/qubes-builder-archlinux/pull/12
>
> Alas, having cleared these obstacles, you'll hit another issue noted a
> couple of weeks ago in the thread to which Foppe pointed you.  This one
> was precipitated by the Archlinux update to glibc 2.24 in early August.
> 2.24 deprecated readlink_r, which is used by (at least) Xen 4.6;
> meanwhile, Xen builds with deprecation warnings treated as compilation
> errors.  The fix went into Xen 4.7 a few months back, but has not been
> backported to 4.6.
>
> The work-around reported by Jovan in the other thread involves pointing
> at the Xen 4.7 branch of a couple of marmarek's development repos with a
> custom builder.conf.  I don't know enough about Xen to say whether this
> risks weird and wonderful interactions between the client libraries and
> the host Xen, but I think the balance of probability is that is should
> be okay to talk to an older host with a newer client of the same major
> version number.
>
> Let me know how you get on :)

I've already follow the workaround, but still have another problem persist on
'gui-agent-linux-vm' while 'make qubes-vm' below:

: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
--> Archlinux dist-package (makefile)
  --> Building package in /home/user/qubes-src/gui-agent-linux
sudo BACKEND_VMM=xen chroot "/home/user/qubes-builder/chroot-archlinux" su user
-c 'cd "/home/user/qubes-src/gui-agent-linux" && cp archlinux/PKGBUILD* ./ &&
env http_proxy="" makepkg --syncdeps --noconfirm --skipinteg'
==> Making package: qubes-vm-gui 3.1.7-5 (Thu Sep 15 14:27:41 UTC 2016)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: pulseaudio<9.0
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/builder-archlinux/Makefile.archlinux:120:
recipe for target 'dist-package' failed
make[2]: *** [dist-package] Error 1

BTW, there's another error before that on 'gui-agent-linux', but I already
solved it by installing 'xorg-server' package by using pacman on
chroot-archlinux. By modifying the 'PKGBUILD' to solve the 'pulseaudio<9.0'
version issues bring me another error like this:

gcc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
-Wno-deprecated-declarations -I../include/ `pkg-config --cflags vchan-xen` -g
-Wall -Wextra -Werror -pie -fPIC -DUSE_XENSTORE_H -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c -o
../gui-common/error.o ../gui-common/error.c
../gui-common/error.c: In function ‘dummy_handler’:
../gui-common/error.c:37:5: error: this ‘if’ clause does not guard...
[-Werror=misleading-indentation]
     if (!print_x11_errors)
     ^~
../gui-common/error.c:40:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is
misleadingly indented as if it is guarded by the ‘if’
  XGetErrorText(dpy, ev->error_code, buf, sizeof(buf));
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [<builtin>: ../gui-common/error.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/qubes-src/gui-agent-linux/gui-agent'
make: *** [Makefile:50: gui-agent/qubes-gui] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/builder-archlinux/Makefile.archlinux:120:
recipe for target 'dist-package' failed
make[2]: *** [dist-package] Error 2

Any help?