The other issue I should note, whenever the VM is being used, when it's using
the Qubes Display Driver, the mouse in Dom0 flickers whenever it's over the top
of the displayed area that is Win7.

I even disabled the Desktop, turned off desktop icons, altered the windows
configuration to get it working faster.

However, setting NoDesktop seems to stop the system from booting properly into
seamless mode. It keeps waiting for QRExec to start, but it never does.

Is QRExec tied into the physical desktop and backdrop/background?