After upgrade from R3.0 to R3.2-rc2, my T520 started rebooting randomly
a few times a day. Sometimes after 10 minutes of running, sometimes
after 12 hours, but always with nothing in logs.

After a long and boring investigation I have found out it was triggered
by connecting external monitor and it can be fixed by disabling the
Intel i915 RC6 feature (some power saving stuff).

Since I've added i915.enable_rc6=0 as a kernel parameter
(GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub) I have a 50 hours of uptime
and counting :-)

Affected hardware:
Lenovo ThinkPad T520
cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
chipset: Mobile Intel QM67 Express
gpu: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Relevant results from lspci:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor
Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

Qubes 3.2-rc2, kernel 4.4.14-11

Does anyone else have similar issue with i915?

--
yaqu