I converted a vdi file over to a raw file which seemed to go fine but mounting
it is not going so well. mount seems to be having problems with the file sys. I
have tried auto but no luck, I tried manually specifying but no luck. It was
whonix so I assumed it was ext3 or 4 (or 2, tried em all) but no luck.
I have tried specifying offset points (2480 here) and just "loop" etc... nada

fdisk -l tells me:
Disk whonix.raw: 4 GiB, 4294967296 bytes, 8388608 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x3d6b07dc

Device      Boot Start     End Sectors Size Id Type
whonix.raw1       2048 8388607 8386560   4G 83 Linux

thoughts?