cubit:
> 4. Oct 2016 12:31 by a...@qubes-os.org:
>
>> Thanks for the report. Tracking:
>>
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2362
>>

> Some unscientific testing.
>

> Trying a restart after 15 minutes of not doing a restart and the function
> works as expected
>

> Trying a restart after 50 minutes of not doing a restart and the function
> fails the first time with the error as mentioned previously.

I can confirm that I encountered this today.  It was with a VM that had
been running for several days.  I've encountered the same error (or one
similar to it) in the past when trying to shut down a VM that takes a
long time -- Qubes Manager asks me if I want to kill it, and if I say
yes, sometimes there's some apparent race condition and the error comes
up (I guess because the VM finished shutting down right before Qubes
Manager tried to kill it).

Cheers,
-Jeremy