Hi,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 08:26:18AM -0700, Richard wrote:
> On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 12:00:08 PM UTC-5, Richard wrote:
> > I'm trying to upgrade my Qubes 3.1.17 to 3.2  I've followed the steps
> > outlined here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/upgrade-to-r3.2/  However, when
> > I run...
> >
> >    sudo qubes-dom0-update --releasever=3.2 qubes-release
> >
> >       I receive:
> >           Loaded plugins: yum-qubes-hooks
> >           Nothing to do
> >           No packages downloaded
> >           file:///var/lib/qubes/updates/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
> > curl#37 - "Couldn't open file /var/lib/qubes/updates/repodata/repomd.xml"
> >           Trying other mirror.
> >           Nothing to do
> >
> > So of course running... sudo qubes-dom0-update --clean also provides a
> > similar error:
> >
> >       Errno 14] curl#7 - "Failed to connect to pubmirror1.math.uh.edu port
> > 443: No route to host"
> >       Trying other mirror.
> >       No new updates available
> >       No updates avaliable
> >
> > Is anybody able to advise me what I need to do to be able to do an in-place
> > upgrade to 3.2?

I stumbled upon the issue, when upgrading a 3.0 system to 3.1 and then
to 3.2 - did you do the same?

I believe I also found a workaround:

    sudo qubes-dom0-update enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing
--releasever=3.2 qubes-release
    sudo qubes-dom0-update enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current --releasever=3.2

but then sadly my system crashed during the upgrade (not sure whether
this was hardware fault or bad software which didnt cope with me using
qubes-manager during the dom0 upgrade) and now I'm stuck between 3.1
and 3.2 and the UI doesnt work anymore, so I cannot finish the upgrade
of dom0, as I also could't start sys-net and sys-firewall
manually on the shell :/

(yum-complete-transaction also didnt help, I thought all the packages
were downloaded already and this was supposed to work?)

What way is there to recover the system now?

(The system is just a test system, so I could and probably soon will
just reinstall, and I know I could copy the VMs over… but… I'm curious
how to bring this installation back to life… :)

--
cheers,
        Holger

p.s./btw: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/upgrade-to-r3.1/ advices one to
install qubes-mgmt-salt-admin-tools but this package does not exist?!