On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 5:11:35 PM UTC-4, nrauh...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro retina system - a 10,1 machine with 2.7GHz i7,
> 750 gig SSD, and the Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Maybe some of the work discussed here

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-devel/uLDYGdKk_Dk

will be of some help.  Keep in mind that at that time, Qubes (and maybe not
Xen, either) did not support EFI boot, so a bit of what was done was to trigger
bootcamp to boot a legacy boot OS.  Newer Qubes supports both EFI and legacy
boot.

There could be defects in the virtualization-related portions of the ACPI
tables.  For the Macbook Air, this just meant IOAPIC remapping wouldn't work
(without patching Xen to work around the buggy ACPI table).  It is possible
your ACPI table may be broken in a way that Xen refuses to handle.

It could be helpful to boot up a regular Linux distro, and see if you can
identify possible problems from that side - assuming you have done enough work
with Linux to identify possible culprits.

There are probably some other Qubes debug type things you can do.  Keep in mind
that MacBooks are not necessarily Linux or Xen friendly (for example:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12924051).

Eric