On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 21:08:14 UTC+10, Unman  wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:26:34AM +0000, Unman wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 09:50:58PM -0800, Sec Tester wrote:
> > > So i wanted to uninstall that rubbish image editor "imagemagick"
> > >
> > > Ran: sudo apt-get remove imagemagick
> > >
> > > VM crashed. Error in VM manager says "qrexec not connected"
> > >
> > > Tried to restart, VM manager Error says "can not start qubes-guid"
> > >
> > > Would prefer not to replace entire template if possible?
> > >
> > > Cheers.
> > >
> > Indeed, the warning about removing qubes-gui-agent and assorted other
> > qubes modules might have tipped you off that this wasn't wise.
> >
> > Use qvm-revert-template-changes which will get you back to a clean
> > start.
> >
> > unman
> >

> Alternatively connect to a console from dom0 using:
> sudo xl console
> This will give you a console connection from where you can
> log in as root and reinstall the packages you removed.
>
> unman

Thank you

qvm-revert-template-changes debian-8 - didnt fix it. I tried to set an earlier
date, but --help file and man file didnt specific the option format.

while VM light was still yellow
ran: sudo xl debian-8
root
apt-get install imagemagick

Unfortunately still wont start up. must be other missing a packages.

I decided to just replace the template.

> Indeed, the warning about removing qubes-gui-agent and assorted other
> qubes modules might have tipped you off that this wasn't wise.

ha, well just habbit of hitting y when runnning apt-get. Oops :P