On Friday, 25 November 2016 11:38:21 UTC, raah...@gmail.com  wrote:
> can you just tell us the options so we can compile it ourselves?  paste the
> cfg or something.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/FAQ#Do_I_need_to_pass_any_flags_to_LDFLAGS.2FCFLAGS_in_order_to_turn_on_hardened_building.3F

Also:

> Can I add -fstack-protector-all or -fstack-protector in the make.conf CFLAGS?

> No, they will likely break the building of many packages, amongst others
> glibc.

in other words these options will break some packages - particularly glibc;
ulibc is more flexible in that regards.

There's also: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/Toolchain

It's not as straightforward as you think. Perhaps you can build selected
applications as statically linked with PIE, and place it in a grsec chroot
instead - it would be a lot simpler.

I'd really like to see Gentoo (hardened) support, that and OpenBSD.