On 04/30/2016 09:13 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> Has anyone had a chance to test (or is in a position to test) Qubes
> compatibility with any of the new higher-end Lenovo laptops, such as
> the X1 Carbon (4th Gen), the T460/p, or the T560?
>
> The only information I'm aware of so far is Linus' (very helpful)
> thread about the T460s:
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/qubes-users/-xXKdAkIjxU/discussion

Qubes R3.2 works on Lenovo Thinkpad T560, however the installer is not
working properly as it does not use at least kernel 4.5.

In order to install it, I had :

1/ to extract the T560 laptop SSD, install Qubes using a different
supported laptop, and pluging the extracted SSD as an external hard drive.

2/ Then, the kernel must be upgraded to unstable (kernel 4.8), still on
the supported laptop by enabling qubes-dom0-unstable.

3/ Finally, shutdown the laptop, reinstall the SSD inside the Lenovo
T560, and it should work straightaway.

It seems to work properly, I have not tested thoroughly all features.

Maybe, Qubes installer bootloader could support both stable and unstable
kernels, in order to support new hardware ?

Regards,
Olivier Médoc