Loren Rogers:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a VM that I use for Calibre to read ebooks, and my library is getting
> quite large. Rather than putting the books on an external drive and
> connecting that to my Calibre VM, would it be possible to move the entire VM
> to an external drive? It doesn't need to be fast. (It's just a bunch of
> books.) At the moment, I just have all my documents on my HD, which is a bit
> of a waste of SSD. I'm only going to access these files through this VM, so
> it would be handy if I could just have them all collected together in one
> place.
>
> I imagine that this feature doesn't exist today, and it may be somewhat
> complicated because of the integration with dom0. But I figure this ability
> may be useful to folks who have large VMs for specific tasks that aren't used
> very often. Is there a better way to approach this?
>
> Thanks!
> Loren

I like to keep my data on separate volumes detached from any specific OS - but
I may be peculiar in that so take what I say with a grain of salt. Here are the
steps I followed:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/c-XQTfa_l-Y/IkY8x3u6BwAJ

It's easy to adapt that for an internal drive. Might be slightly more
complicated for a USB drive, depending on your personal USB strategy. Also, my
storage images are not covered by Qubes backup so be careful if you are the
nuking type.