On 01/12/2017 07:49 AM, Steve wrote:

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 2:15:57 PM UTC+4, Steve wrote:
I have installed Qubes 3.2 and changed the desktop manager to KDE ,
specifically to get the Cube desktop.

I have gone into the KDE settings and enabled the cube effect however I can;t
get it to appear, any suggestions

thx
I am using an Nvidia graphics card , do I need to install the nvidia graphics driver to
get the "cube" to animate ? thx

You do if it isn't supported by nouveau 3D mode, most of the newer nvidia devices make open source drivers like nouveau impossible...

Nvidia is a shitty company to buy from if you want stuff to work the first time and all the time, as they deliberately break linux features to try and force people to use windows or buy a card from their overpriced quadro line.