On 02/03/2017 08:41 AM, Unman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 06:21:15AM +0000, Nick Darren wrote:

>>> The build issue should be fixed now.
>>> I've alse submitted a better patch to fix the XDG path issue - again
>>> I'd expect that to be incorporated soon.
>>>
>>> The xenial build should be as straightforward as:
>>> ./setup
>>> make qubes-vm
>>> make template
>>>
>>> install template in dom0
>>>
>>> That works for me, so let me know if you have any problems and I'll try
>>> to help.
>>>
>>> Now to get Trusty working again.
>>>

>> The build issue is gone. But the template itself still having the same
>> error 'Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)' here and there on
>> application launch via xterm i.e. rhythmbox, gedit, xfce4-terminal etc.
>>
>> Default application like gnome-terminal still cannot be launched due to
>> the same error as before.
>>
>> Did you test all these applications working or
>> not?
>>
>> By getting these error means xenial-desktop template is useless for
>> everyday use for some purpose.
>>

>> P/S- Sorry unman, double post forgot to put cc there to qubes-users.
>>

> I dont see these errors at all on a fresh build - all those seem to work
> fine. I'm using xenial+desktop as dispVM and havent encountered any
> issues.
>
> On the other error, look at /etc/X11/Xsession.d/25xdg-qubes-settings:
> you should see XDG_DATA_DIRS being set.
> `env` should show you a path like this:
> /usr/share/ubuntu/:/usr/share/gnome:/user/local/share:/usr/share
>
> If you don't have that set it and export it -see if that fixes the
> problem.

Hey Unman, really appreciate your work.

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue as Nick.

http://i.imgur.com/VjBU4b4.png

I did not have any reference of XDG_DATA_DIRS in my 25xdg-qubes-settings
file, but after setting the env variable to what you mentioned it didn't
seem to make any difference.

Again, perhaps the removal of the locales-all package to enable the
`sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales` command to execute could hold some answers?

Andrew