On 04/02/17 18:42, Loren Rogers wrote:
Hi all,

I'm confused about running disposable VMs - if I open a browser or file viewer,
then want to open a terminal for the same VM, how could I do this? (E.g. I want
to view an untrusted file, then make some edits.)
right click the dispvm in the qubes manager.
select run command.
enter xterm or whatever you want to run

or user (in dom0) qvm-run DISPVM_NAME xterm

Is there a way to configure the default disposable VM in the Qubes menu? I see
that disposable VMs can be configured for individual domains, but I can't find
where the generic one is.

Also, is it possible to specify a different template for disposable machines?
Say I'm running something based on the default fedora-23, and I want to open a
document from my work VM, which uses that template. But I want to open it with
my fedora-23-custom template as a disposable VM. (E.g. running a video in VLC
that has untrustworthy components.) Is this doable?

currently you can only have one dispvm.
if you want, you can set the template as default for dispvms
(qvm-create-default-dvm)

-john