On 02/07/2017 08:43 AM, Franz wrote:

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:09 AM, haaber <haa...@web.de> wrote:
Hello,  I wonder how you behave when traveling, for example in places
with cameras all around. I feel uncomfortable to enter my passwords in
such situations. Of course I can simply not turn my computer on.  But
sometimes you have several hours in an airport ..  I thought about 3
options.

0) Change all (disk / user) pwd before & after traveling (how do I
change the disk pwd?).

1) Pull out my tails usbkey and surf with that?

2) maybe it woud be nice to have an additional  "single cube"
usr/password : when using this user name, one would get a single
disposable untrusted VM,  no dom0 acces, no USB, and so forth. Is that
feasable / reasonable?

how do you cope with that? Thank you, Bernhard

But is the resolution of these cameras high and fast enough to be able to read the movements of my 10 fingers all working together and covering the whole keyboard?

I installed a high definition security ethernet camera in my home, but resolution and speed are not that spectacular.

There are mini-cameras that can be hidden, but resolution is worse.

So cameras can be easily identified and  I suppose it is enough to avoid sitting down  having a camera just over your shoulders.

i am a strong proponent of entirely removing both microphones and cameras in all computing devices. even with a hardware switch, you can't know it's actually disabled, whereas when you remove the mics and cameras, you can be confident they are disabled.

this can be done to pretty much any laptop, but it may void your warranty, so if you care about that kind of stuff, keep that in mind. it typically takes 1-2 hours to disassemble and reassemble a laptop when doing this.

Best
Fran