Il giorno mercoledì 8 febbraio 2017 00:33:04 UTC-5, nicholas roveda ha scritto:
> 3) Compiling the kernel with default configs
>
> I ran 'make defconfig', then
> I ran 'make' and it went all good,
> but when I ran 'sudo make install' I encountered some errors, so I remembered
> the Qubes Docs and I tried to use DKMS, so
> I ran 'sudo dkms autoinstall -k <version> -a amd64', but I didn't see any
> output unlike the one showed by the Qubes Docs, so I stopped here.

Actually now, when I run 'make install', it reports this:

    WARNING: missing /lib/modules/4.9.2
    Ensure all necessary drivers are built into the linux image!
    depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/4.9.2: No such file or
directory
    depmod: FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory

When I run 'dkms autoinstall -k 4.9.2 -a amd64', it reports:

    Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 4.9.2 cannot be found.
    Please install the linux-headers-4.9.2 package,
or use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located

But linux-headers-4.9.2 is in /usr/src.