On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 2:56:15 PM UTC-8, Oleg Artemiev wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM, pixel fairy <pixelfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 3:54:03 AM UTC-8, Oleg Artemiev wrote:

> >> Does this mean that USB qube is now useless as a security border on
> >> such a mother board?
> > only if the manufacturer has it enabled. the only vendor who got back to me
> > (and knew what i was talking about) when i asked was system76 to confirm
> > that it is disabled on their lemur series.
> > puri.sm was aware, but doesnt have any hardware out using those chips.
> So finally it is a question of trusting the vendor (and their public
> relations personnel who may think that those capabilities are not
> really disabled.

yes, or a cheap data cable if you already have the hardware. unfortunately,
its easy for a vendor to say they're good and then say "oops" if they're not,
and called out on it. we need better competition in security conscious hardware.

> Shouldn't these CPUs and motherboards be specially noted as dangerous
> in qubes HCL?

agreed, but i think its up to Andrew David Wong

(i hope that triggers a mention notice so he sees this)