I am attempting to install Qubes, version 3.2, never having used any prior
versions.

My computer is custom-built with the following components:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K Quad-core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 Processor
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev 1.0)
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB
Primary HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB 3-D Vertical Internal SSD
CD-ROM: Pioneer 16x BD-R Blu-ray Burner (BDR-209DBK)

I tried installing using the following types of media:

-ISO burned to DVD
-ISO burned to USB using Rufus in Windows and selecting dd mode
-ISO burned to USB using dd in Debian

When none of these worked, I started searching this newsgroup for similar
problems.  I found one suggestion that I tried, which was to add
"GRUB_CMDLINUX_XEN_DEFAULT iommu-no-igfx" to grub.cfg - I could not do this one
because I could not get the USB device out of read-only mode

I removed the "quiet" option from the install, but still no success

Afterward, I disabled VT-d in BIOS, but again, no success

Every time, I get the splash screen with the options for installation. For any
option I pick, it gets to the point where I believe Xen is launching the
graphics for the installer. At that point, the screen goes completely black.
In the case where I use the DVD, the drive stops spinning, and nothing else
happens.

I am at a loss, and any help would be greatly appreciated.