Il giorno sabato 11 febbraio 2017 22:47:32 UTC+1, adoni...@gmail.com ha scritto:
> I've "fixed it" by modifying the GDM config file and setting it to
> automatically login without entering credentials.
>
> Not entirely happy tho, this won't create a xorg.conf file, and when I try to
> generate 1 with X -configure :1 I get an error saying it failed as number of
> created screens do not match number of detected devices. This means I'm stuck
> with 640x480 for now...
>
> Any ideas are appreciated!

hello, I too have problems to change resolution.
Kali has by default a strange resolution, even to me by a gray bar below.
I tried changing resolution with xrandr but without results, I always found
myself with the screen unusable and unable to gain access to the keyboard
commands in the guest os.
If you can still help, I can at least access to 800x600 putting this command at
startup (E key) in Grub (instead of quiet) put vga=792. You can also put this
persistent setting in the Grub configuration file, but maybe it would be better
to use the new command gfxpayload=resolution.

For Windows 10 instead I can not set the 1366x768 resolution, other resolutions
work. I think it is the fault of the Xen drive.

I hope someone help both.