On 02/20/2017 09:16 AM, Oleg Artemiev wrote:
once uefi detected in BIOS  - no chance to make it install non-uefi
version of grub - no chance to continue w/o special efi partition

btrfs partitioning has no option to tweak raid level for data and
metadata - only both. Custom partitioning made non intuitive and
uncomfortable.

I agree that anaconda Fedora installer isn't very good (to say the least). But I'd also say that what you're asking it to do is rather advanced and I think unnecessary.

The idea that you have to treat SSDs as fragile has not withstood the test of time. In fact, SSDs are widely regarded as /more/ durable than HDDs now. And I don't know of any Qubes Btrfs users (incl. myself) who employ special drive geometries or other complicated setups to save SSDs from wear.

With that said, I have found it impossible to get anaconda to do anything with LUKS+Btrfs beyond the default, one-partition setup. Even specifying a single existing Btrfs root partition is probably going to fail. IMHO, the only way to get Btrfs running with Qubes is to do a plain install with the Btrfs option---Anything else must be done as adjustments after installation.

Chris